STATEMENT ABOUT INTERNATIONAL COMPETITION “INNOVATION POTENTIAL OF YOUTH-2019”
1. GENERAL STATEMENTS
1.1. The current Statement determines the aims, objectives and the terms of participation in International competition of youth projects “INNOVATION POTENTIAL OF YOUTH-2019” (further – Competition).
1.2. Organizers of the Competition:
- “ARCHIMEDEXPO” LLC
- Moscow city organization VOIR
With the assistance:
- World Intellectual Property Organisation;
- Federal service on intellectual property (ROSPATENT);
- International Federation of Inventors’ Associations;
- International Innovation Club “Archimedes”.
- IPG Photonics
2. AIMS AND OBJECTIVES OF THE COMPETITION
2.1. Competition is being held with the aim of identification and support of the talented youth, creation of the conditions for unleashing their creative potential, increasement of the productiveness of the youth participation in the scientific activities and scientific-technical creativity.
2.2. Competition Objectives: selection of the projects for demonstration at 22nd Moscow International Salon of inventions and innovative technologies “Archimedes” and further commercialization.
3. THE MAIN DIRECTIONS (NOMINATIONS) OF THE COMPETITION:
- aeronautics and space, robotics;
- nanotechnologies, nano-optics and new materials, as well as production processes and devices created on their basis;
- biotechnology in health care, medical technology, including laser technology;
- lasers, laser materials, laser application technologies;
- mechatronics technology and the creation of microsystem technology;
- technology of creation and processing of composite and ceramic materials;
- technology of creation and processing of crystalline materials;
- fiber optics, active and passive fibers, including microstructure;
- optical systems, incl. for powerful laser radiation;
- methods and control devices for laser radiation;
- vision systems,. incl. 3D;
- information technology;
- equipment for telecommunications based on fiber optic lines, incl. in distributed networks;
- terahertz technology in medicine;
- energy saving;
4. PARTICIPANTS OF THE COMPETITION:
4.1. Participants are to be youth younger than 35 years old – students of schools, colleges, universities and institutes, PhD students of the universities, organisations of science, working youth.
4.2. Both individual and collective projects can be presented for the Competition.
4.3. Participants can apply with several projects. For each project they need to fill in a separate application form (Attachment 1).
4.4. Application forms are to be sent to the Organising Committee of the Competition before 20th of February 2019 in the digital form in English or Russian language via e-mail: email@example.com (with a reference “Innovation potential of youth-2019”) and on paper to the address: 105187, Moscow, Scherbakovskaya street, 53 building B, room 606.
4.5. Expert council reserves the right to decline the project from the competition if it doesn’t correspond the current Statement requirements without notifying the participant.
5. COMPETITION AWARDS
5.1. The best innovative project of youth is awarded with Grand-Prix (cup, financial prize, diploma) of the Competition.
5.2. The best projects are awarded in each nominations (point 3):
For the 1st place – gold medal and diploma
For the 2nd place – silver medal and diploma
For the 3rd place – bronze medal and diploma
The most active participants of the Competition will receive the stimulating prizes from the sponsors of the Competition.
Participants: students of schools, gymnasiums, lycees, colleges, universities and institutes, PhD students and employees of the scientific organisations young than 35 years old present the projects of original scientific-technical and design projects with the perspective of their further implementation and commercialization.
Participants of the Competition who will present the most interesting projects will get the opportunity to get exposition space (4-6 sq. meters) at 22nd Moscow International Salon of inventions and innovative technologies “Archimedes” free of charge.
All the projects accepted for the participation in the Competition will be included into digital catalogue and will receive the participant diploma and invitation to take part in Business program of Competition.
6. EXPERT COUNCIL OF THE COMPETITION
Expert Council of the Competition is to be created out of the qualified specialists, scientists and inventors invited by Organising Committee. The Chairman of the Expert Council is to be appointed by the Chairman of the Organising Committee of the Competition.
6.1. examines and evaluates the competition applications and chooses the most interesting and perspective innovative projects;
6.2. organizes the evaluation meetings and makes the protocols/minutes taking into consideration below mentioned evaluation criteria:
- The level of protection of the exhibit with the intellectual and industrial property documents
- Technical level of the project (scientific-technical significance)
- Relevance of the solved objective (relevance to the priority economical, ecological and social policies objectives)
- Readiness for use (R&D, prototype, industrial use)
- Technical-economical effectiveness from the use of the project
6.3. consults the members of the Organising Committee.
All the decisions of Expert Council are to be processed in the form of the respective protocol and to be signed by the Chairman of the Expert Council.
In case of need, Expert Council can request extra information about the project subject to evaluation.
Expert Council provides the decision with their recommendations regarding the awarding of the projects to the Organising Committee.
The final decision about the awarding with Grand-Prix and diplomas and prizes is to be made by the Organizing Committee of the Competition.
Diplomas of the participant are being made and given out after the end of the Competition.
The Award ceremony of the winners of the Competition is taking place at the stage of KVC “Sokolniki”, pavilion 2, 28th March 2019, 15:00.
The results of the Competition are being published in the mass media sources.
7. ORGANISATIONAL MATTERS
7.1. The results of the competition are to be placed on the official website www.archimedes.ru the latest on 19th March 2019.
7.2. The participants who passed the competition selection will be invited to participate in 22nd Moscow International Salon of inventions and innovative technologies “Archimedes”.
Chairman of the Organising Committee of the Competition: